Have you noticed an unexplained musty smell in your home or office? Or perhaps you’ve spotted some strange black, green, or white growths on your walls or ceilings? If so, then you may have a mould problem. But, don’t fear! Mould is a common issue and can be removed relatively easily with the right products and methods. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about mould removal.

What is Mould?

Mould is a type of fungi that thrives in damp, warm, and humid environments. There are over 100,000 different species of mould, and they come in a variety of colours, including black, white, green, and pink. While most mould is harmless, some types can cause serious health problems.

Mould grows by releasing tiny spores into the air. These spores are invisible to the naked eye and can travel long distances before landing on a suitable surface to grow on. Once the spores land on a wet or moist surface, they begin to grow and reproduce.

Mould loves to grow on porous materials such as wood, paper, drywall, and insulation. It can also grow on non-porous surfaces such as glass, metal, and plastic if enough moisture is present.

Is Mould Harmful?

Mould is not harmful to everyone, but it can cause serious health problems for some people. Those with mould allergies may experience symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. For those with asthma, mould exposure can trigger an asthma attack. In more severe cases, mould exposure has been linked to respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia and bronchitis.

Those with weakened immune systems are also at a higher risk of developing health problems from mould exposure. This includes infants, the elderly, and those undergoing chemotherapy or radiation treatment.

Why is Mould Removal Important?

Mould removal is important for two main reasons: to improve the air quality in your home or office and to prevent health problems.

Poor air quality can lead to various respiratory problems such as coughing, sneezing, watery eyes, and difficulty breathing. In severe cases, it can even trigger asthma attacks. If you or someone in your family suffers from allergies or asthma, removing mould from your home or office is especially important.

Mould is also known to cause a myriad of health problems, as we mentioned earlier. By removing mould, you can help to create a healthier environment for yourself and your family.

How to Remove Mould

Now that you know everything there is to know about mould, it’s time to learn how to remove it. The first step is to identify the source of the moisture that’s causing the mould growth. This could be a leaky pipe, a humidifier, or even just high humidity levels in your home or office. Once you’ve found the source of the moisture, you can begin the mould removal process.

There are a variety of products on the market that can be used for mould removal, but we recommend using Vital Oxide. Vital Oxide is a powerful mould and mildew killer that’s also safe to use around children and pets. It’s also effective at removing mould stains.

To use Vital Oxide, simply mix one part of the solution with 10 parts of water. Then, apply it to the affected areas with a brush or spray bottle. Let the solution sit for 10 minutes before wiping it away with a clean cloth.

We recommend using Green Technology Durham Distribution‘s mould removal services for best results. Our team of experienced professionals will quickly and efficiently remove mould from your home or office. We also offer a variety of other cleaning and disinfecting services to keep your property looking its best. Contact us today to learn more.